ISO 20000 is first worldwide standard, which is specially relate to IT Service Management and its main focus is on quality improvement, increase in efficiency and cost savings at IT processes. ISO 2000, which came from BA 15000 standards, describes integrated set of procedures for IT service management and it is controlled by successful clauses of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). ISO 20000 standard exists in two parts, called “ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 Information technology – Service management – Part 1: Specification” and “ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 Information technology – Service management – Part 2: Code of practice.” As results from the title, the first part is intended for assessing and eventually certification of the IT service quality, the second part serves as a direction for implementation of operating system.
ISO 2000 standard brings increase in profit and supports the optimization of expenses. ISO/IEC 20000 will help you to better understand how to increase the service quality level for the customers.
Benefits of ISO 20000 implementation for organization:
- standardization of processes and more efficient activities at providing IT services
- management of IT services from strategy to own desirable level of IT services
- minimization of failures with the substantial increase of IT support quality and availability of IT services
- standard procedures enabling quicker IT adaptability towards changes within the business or diverse customers’ needs
- obtaining of the competitive advantages in face of other IT services providers
- increase in the efficiency of one’s own “core business”