Continued operations in the event of a disruption, whether due to a major disaster or a minor incident, is a fundamental requirement for any organization. ISO 22301, the world’s first standard for business continuity management (BCM), has been developed to help you minimize the risk of such disruptions. Standard replaces BS 25999-2:2007. The standard is designed to keep your business going during the most challenging and unexpected circumstances – protecting your staff, preserving your reputation and providing the ability to continue to operate and trade.
It provides a basis for understanding, developing and implementing business continuity within your organization and gives you confidence in business-to-business and business-to customer dealings.
Benefits of ISO 22301 for your organization:
- Provides a common consistent framework, based on international best practice
- Proactively improves your resilience when faced with the disruption of your ability to achieve key objectives
- Helps protect and enhance your reputation and brand
- Opens new markets and helps you win new business
- Certification requires a clear understanding of your entire organization which can identify opportunities for improvement
- Delivers a proven capability for managing a disruption
- Creates opportunities to reduce the cost of BCM audits and may reduce insurance Premium
- The certification process involves regular audits which ensure that your management system is up to date.